Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sunday Sunshine

I should be writing my essay on the ideology of Augustus's marriage and childbearing laws but instead I am here reading blogs (and writing one) and writing complaint emails. I am really not very good at those as I kind of end up saying look this was bad, but don't get upset it is really not as bad as it sounds. Oh and of course I am drinking tea and eating cake. I am bit concerned about the size of my waistline after this weekend as I haven't had a single ounce of self control (and I have no idea why self-control is measured in ounces it just is).

Apart from complaint emails and cake eating I bring you some iphone photos from this week -

This is a photo wall hanging/ art thingy that I am working on for a friend of mine. I stay at her house a fair bit and she has a cat, a pretty amazing cat which gets into absolutely everything. As I am a bit snap happy with the iphone I have ended up with a tonne of photos of which I have printed out (some) and punched holes in the corners (so much harder than it should have been) so I can string them all together and magnet them onto her fridge. I also had a couple of pens I brought when I was in Japan last year especially for writing on photos, and have written some captions on. I'll try and get a photo of it hanging up at her place this week.

This is a detail from a building along Collins St that I noticed and thought was pretty.

And of course Darwin with his cheeky toothy grin. Taken this morning in the sun and after I had cleaned out his yard which contained an array of bones, pieces of foam, fabric, the handle off a bucket and a piece of chewed plastic pipe. Given that I cleared his yard a few weeks ago I'm not sure where he manages to get all these treasures but they are safely in the bin now. The oddly shaped shadow is me and Mum's dog Mopsy who insists on being in close contact whenever possible.

Now I think it is time to get back to the essay. I have already carefully mapped out my week of work, uni, homework, excercise and social activities and now just need to get into gear to get everything on the list done so as to not be a mess by the end of next week. Onward I go.

2 comments:

  1. That cat will now think she is a movie star! A great idea. Hope we see a photo of the collage on the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the cutest photos of Darwin I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete