Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The secret life of Melbourne....

....during business hours.

Looks like I will be working more than I anticipated this break (alright more than my wishful thinking had anticipated). So my day of leisure today will probably be one of few.

Today I dragged my sorry body out of bed and forced it around Princess park at 6 am. Definitely nuts! Then after I had toned my complexion back from beetroot I headed to the hairdressers to tame my crazy mane (see picture) I also got my eyebrows tinted which always gives me a big fright.

I spent the rest of the day with a friend from uni. I often forget how much fun Melbourne can be as I am rushing from one place to another and it then seems to compare unfavorably to cities in Europe and the US where I spend my holidays in a much more relaxed mode. So having the chance to hangout was very relaxing and a reminder of what Melbourne can offer! We had lunch at my favorite Japanese restaurant Chocolate Buddha at Fed square. I actually branched out and tried something new - Pork Ramen . It was perfect for sitting outside in the shade and people watching for a few hours. The original plan had been to see a movie but we instead ended up at the Gallery. They have a print exhibition on at the moment. I don't know much about prints but I enjoy looking at them and there was some great pieces in this collection. Some of the renditions of female bodies were - interesting - they looked like male figures with someones ideas of female curves when they have never seen a women in the flesh. The dancing skeletons were also great but creepy. There was also a ballet costume exhibit in the fashion gallery. We finished our afternoon at the gallery tea rooms with tea and cake - yum!

I'm now on my train home and have been busily replying to overdue text messages and soaking in the remaining daylight.




No comments:

Post a Comment